Security has always been a crucial part of the safety of a variety of locations. Security guard roles and responsibility plays a key role in determining overall success. But, what if your security guard doesn’t fully understand what exactly is expected from them?
Security guard roles (duties and responsibilities) vary from place to place but, there are few elements that are common in the most working environment.
Security guard duties
Here are few of the common security guard roles, duties and responsibilities which they need to follow irrespective of the location:
- Always answer alarms and investigate any type of disturbances.
- To keep an eye on the entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard.
- Call for help in cases of emergency, such as a fire.
- Inspect and verify equipment and machinery if they are in good condition.
- Follow compliance and check whether those rules are being obeyed
At times when these instructions are vague, standard operating procedure checklists can break down every task the security gaurd is expected to perform without any room from misunderstandigs.
Ensuring that these standadr operating procedure checklists are being followed at the time when they should be is something that can seem a little too invisible to track; you have no idea if the security gaurds do their tasks exactly the way you intended. So is it there a better way to keep these executions more visible?
If you ever had this question, then a right task management tool could be just the thing you need. PAZO is one such tool which also acts as your task assignment software. The whole process works something like this:
- You ‘build’ or copy paste checklist questions from an excel sheet
- You select the parameters for each answer from a drop down list; parameters like the answer as a short text, a number or an image for example.
- And then finally select the locations, the time and name of the security guard supervisor who has to fill these checklists
- And there you go, you are all sorted now. After each checklist is filled, you get updated instantly and can directly access the checklist in pazo app to check the responses. When needed, you can also chat with the security guard supervisor. To do a compliance audit now, you’ll just need the PAZO app minus the extra effort or paperworks. Everyday PAZO handles million( i dont know exact no) such standard operating procedure checklists. When you scroll below, there is a download link to one such checklist that we would like to share with you.
Security Guard Supervisor Checklist is applicable for:
- Corporate Tech Parks
- Restaurant Chains
- Shopping Malls
- Large Retail Stores
- Security Guard Management Firms
- Residential Apartments etc.PAZO checklists broadly fall under one of the two categories; mandatory checklists to be filled at the assigned time and the other category of checklists that are ‘non- mandatory’ which can be filled anytime when required. This simple Security Guard Supervisor Checklist is non-mandatory. Feel free to make any necessary customizations and changes to this checklist to fit your requirements.
Check out some sample questions for the Security Guard Supervisor Checklist:-
Security guard checklist sample
S. no Checklist Check Action
1 Has the employer seen to it that new security guards receive the orientation they need? Yes / No 2 Have new security guards been informed of risks in the workplace? Yes / No 3 Are serious workplace accidents and incidents reported to the authorities? Yes / No 4 Are security guards aware of all risks? Yes / No 5 Is a security survey carried out for all clients/assignments? Yes / No
Our existing customers come from a variety of industries. The retail industry for instance uses it for daily store checklists, retail audits, stock audit checklist, safety audit checklists, retail performance review and much more. The visibility PAZO provides ensures that any missed tasks are alerted to the right authorities. If you are interested to know more, you can always drop by a message and we will get back to you.
Also, check out some of our other useful checklists: